Monday, January 16, 2012

Back to School I Go!

So, I am taking two ESL courses to get my endorsement.  Also, our district pays us for these course, so I figured why not.  I teach at a school that has a high ESL population, so I figured hopefully I can gain more knowledge to better serve them in learning.  However, I am quite apprehensive when it comes to doing classes myself.  I haven't had to write a paper, or post a discussion, or research stuff since I finished my master's degree in Reading three years ago.  As I was reading my first chapter about linguistics and the study of how people communicate and why we use words for specific meanings, I came across this comment that I will leave you to ponder:  "Why do we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?????  LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment