Friday, January 11, 2013

Snowmen

What a crazy week back, especially after having seven weeks off from maternity leave.  It took me a couple of days for my brain to get back into teacing mode.  We spent the week doing some benchmark testing, math testing, and snowman fun!!  We read the book Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner.  Click picture below to view it.  It is an exciting story about snowmen and what they do at night when everybody goes to sleep. 

Snowmen at Night (Storytown Library, Grade K, Story 8)
After we read the book, we created a chart and listed what the snowmen did at night.   I then had the students fill out their bubble map.  We also created a list of what we would do if we were a snowman at night.  Boy, the kids loved coming up with their own ideas, I stopped them at six or we would have been there all afternoon. 

 
Then I had the students respond to, "If I were a snowman at night, I would..."  They had some very cute answers.  Finally, they put their creative juices to work and created their snowman!!  Click on the picture below to get the writer's response sheet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the finished snowmen!  I hope you all have a restful and relaxing weekend.  I'm going to try and get some ZZZZZ's, but that all depends on my little man!!

1 comment: